The value of helping one another motivates cooperative behavior in the community and reinforces a sense of neighborhood… They bind their relationship through reciprocal services such as assistance and exchanges of food.
– From a study done by Dr. Suntaree Komin, a Thai psychologist and a Fulbright scholar, who wrote a publication entitled Psychology of the Thai People: Values and Behavioral Patterns.
Implications for a Missionary:
- Encourage this in the church!
- Since this is already respected, and because the Bible says it, let them see your good works and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.
- Get involved in community activities, outside the church, as Christians or in the name of the church.
- Have work days to help people.
- Be helpful.