We leave for Thailand in 32 days!
As of today (March 9), we have 9 more churches to visit, 15 duffle bags to pack, 1 house to evacuate, 1 van to sell, lots of bills to cancel, friends to say goodbye to, and 3 lives to relocate for the sake of the Gospel and the Glory of God.
Most likely our next prayer letter will be from the other side of the world where we have been planning, preparing and praying to get to for a long time now.
Prayer Requests as we Leave for Thailand:
- Language study – immediately, this is going to be our biggest source of frustration and our primary focus.
- Moving – Deciding what we have that is worth carrying to the other side of the world in a duffle bag is a good pruning process for excess. It is also kind of difficult. Pray what we do take will make it and we can find a home for the rest of it.
- House hunting and getting settled in – New country, culture, rules, language, currency, and brand names will add to this challenge, but I am praying for a place where Lori can feel comfortable and safe.
- Influential relationships – We not only want to be influenced by the right kind of people about ministry in Thailand, but we are there because we want to be influential for the Gospel’s sake!
- 5 more supporters this month – We are only 5 supporters short of reaching our support goal! The Lord has been extremely good to us, and we are overwhelmed by the team of supporters that He has given us. If you are not yet a monthly supporter, would you consider being one of the 5?
Setup Fund Thanks!
I want to thank all those that gave toward our moving and setup in Thailand! Your generous gifts are extremely appreciated in meeting this important need!
Yours for the Gospel in Thailand,
Philip and Lori Bassham (and Claire)