We praise the Lord that we were able to hold more Bible studies in our home along with an increasing number of other opportunities to teach as well. The Lord continues to be faithful to open doors of opportunity to share HIs word at almost every turn, and we are grateful for the ability to take those opportunities as our language continues to improve.
We are now finished with our formal language training and ready to launch into the work of starting our first church! We already relocated ourselves into the area where we will be starting and began building relationships, reaching out, and planning our first steps.
A Quick Furlough
One of those first steps I have mixed feelings about. After discussing our plans with our teammates, pastor, and mission director, we have decided that it would be wise to come back for a short furlough, starting at the end of this year, in order to raise some funds for this new endeavor, see family, and share what the Lord is doing in Thailand.
Pray for wisdom and guidance as we plan the limited days of our furlough time. We are asking the Lord to replace some lost support as well as raise additional support for the new church plant.
- Our last prayer letter we asked for prayer about several things, so we wanted to give you an update on some of those as well as some other developments.
- We were able to renew our visas and work permit for another year of work here in Thailand! Praise the Lord!
- Language school is over! (though I will still go on my own periodically to keep improving)
- The Lord has called another family to be missionaries here in Thailand! Pray for them as they transition into training and deputation time!
- This month was not all peaceful here in Bangkok. There were several bombs and bomb scares, but the Lord kept us safe through it all.
Yours for the Gospel in Thailand,
Philip and Lori Bassham (and Claire and Grace)