We were at church for Valentine’s Day this Sunday, and they showed this video.
I thought it was a strange video to show in church on Valentine’s Day, but it is the reality for a Christian that wants to marry another Christian in a country that is less than 1% Christian.
You don’t necessarily need to watch it, but here is the gist of what the video says:
“Why is it hard for Christians to find a boyfriend/girlfriend?
How are they supposed to find one?
- There are 69 million people in Thailand
- Only 1% of those are Christians
- Only 0.4% are Protestant = 278,074
- minus 8.5% of these that are over 65 years old
- minus 21.2% between the ages of 0-14
- minus 61.8% already married
- Only 2.7% are ages 15-49
- Which is only 2,252 single Christians
- 1,137 of these are Guys
- 1,115 are Girls
- And we haven’t even talked about if they live close by, if they are pretty, you are close in age, if they are smart, much less if you like them, etc.
- And how many of these love God and are looking for someone who loves God?”
Then the video goes on to encourage them to love and trust the Lord.
Many do not consider what it means when we say that a country is less than 1% Christian, but this makes it pretty tangible.
Imagine only 1,000 people IN THE WORLD to choose from with the only qualifications being
(2) near your age,
(3) they speak your language.
Pray for Thailand, and pray for many young Christians here that desire to find a Christian mate.