The last couple of months have been very exciting in the ministry here. So we will do this prayer letter bullet point style again.
- We had good Thanksgiving activities here in Thailand. Its not a Thai holiday, but we just thanked the Lord anyway.
- We had everyone over to our house to eat and it was a sweet time of testimonies and seeing how God is working in everyone’s life.
- Right after Thanksgiving, we started hard in on working toward Christmas. It is a great opportunity here to share the Gospel since it is the one Christian holiday they are a little familiar with. Though most people think it is Santa Claus Day.
- I am amazed by how the church has stepped up to work together!
- We have a lady (Boo) who has been a huge blessing by getting a ton of prizes and things donated so that we can have a big festival with prizes and things for Christmas.
- There are a lot of people that have been at the church almost every day building games, making decorations, getting songs ready, practicing, and on and on.
- This week, leading up to Christmas, they have set up a little caroling / witnessing concert out on the street out in front of the church. They sing songs, tell about christmas, and invite people in!
- Just tonight, people were gathering around, and we ended up having like 20 people come in for a spontaneous Bible study.
- Church attendance is steadily increasing too. We had 45 a couple of weeks ago, which isnt a ton, but we are praising the Lord for it in a country that is 99.5% non-Christian! That is 2 weeks over the last month over 40!
- Our teammates the Kellets arrived safely and are settling in nicely and have already been a blessing!
- We have also had a couple of other visitors through recently on their survey trips. Praise the Lord for more laborers.
- Along with ministry victories, there have also been days where we are reminded that we are in a pre-Christian country and lives are very messy! Pray for us to have wisdom in these situations!
- Pray for our upcoming Christmas outreach! People have been working extremely hard for a while now, so now we just wait and pray for God to use it!
Yours for the Gospel in Thailand,
Philip & Lori Bassham
(Claire, Grace, and Emma)